By the time you get to be a grownup, you may have been lucky enough to have learned a few things, such as…
- it’s generally better to be happy than to be right
- a long life brings blessings youth can’t imagine–and burdens youth couldn’t bear
- people who ask you to sing never want to listen to you for more than ten minutes
- when you make a mistake as a parent, apologize to your kid–even if the kid is still a baby, and especially if the kid has reached adulthood
- good fences really do make good neighbors
- when people say “How are you?” they don’t really want to know
- your doctor, however, does want to know
- if you wear nice cuff links and studs, nobody will suspect it’s a rented tux
I’m not on the after-dinner circuit. I’m not a talk show host, and I’ll never be a preacher.
That pretty much leaves blogging for all my memories, rants and chatter.
So here we go.
By the way, your Gravatar avatar will display on this blog when you leave a comment!